Introducing the Dealer Onboarding Program
Addressing the call for assistance from dealers. A perfect outline to professional development.
It’s our way to help new Dealers learn the basics and start selling.
Steve LePage | DEALER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
In the business world, companies use onboarding programs to help new employees develop the skills, knowledge and attitude needed to succeed in their new jobs. While independent Dealers are not AMSOIL employees, we share in the responsibility of providing new Dealers the tools necessary to help get their Dealerships started.
With that in mind, we launched a new Dealer Onboarding Program to create an engaging and consistent experience that explains the AMSOIL Dealer opportunity and helps new Dealers get off to a great start.
The first 90 days are crucial for new AMSOIL Dealers. Our data shows that Dealers who have a good initial experience and make a purchase within the first 90 days are more likely to remain Dealers for the long haul. The Dealer Onboarding Program is designed to kickstart new Dealers’ success and encourage that first product purchase.
We communicate with all new Dealers through email and other touch-points throughout their first 90 days. These touch points are designed to encourage new Dealers and guide them to the resources necessary to confidently run their businesses. The graphic above shows when and how we reach out to new Dealers during these 90 days.
First, we send three emails during their first week. All of them link to the onboarding page in the Dealer Zone (Marketing Your Business>Dealer Onboarding) that provides short videos on how to use the Dealer Zone, information about the Dealer Starter Kit and how to get Dealer Certified through AMSOIL University Online. Additional touchpoints focus on the benefits of early product purchases, testimonials from other successful Dealers and the importance of continued training. Early statistics show that the Dealer Onboarding Program is driving increased Dealer interaction with AMSOIL, which increases their chances of succeeding.
While AMSOIL shares in the responsibility of providing new Dealers this type of support, it’s vital that the sponsoring Dealer takes seriously his or her role as coach and mentor. This onboarding program was designed to be a team effort in conjunction with the sponsor. Here are some suggestions for effectively participating in the onboarding process:
- Whether it’s a new Dealer you registered or one who self-registered, reach out right away to open lines of communication and answer any questions.
- After one week, contact the Dealer to make sure his or her Dealer Starter Kit arrived. Ask if he or she has any questions and encourage immediate use of the products in the kit.
- Sometime during the first 20 days, find out if the new Dealer has submitted an initial product order and has taken advantage of the 10-percent rebate before it expires.
- Around 60 days in, contact the Dealer to discuss the complimentary catalogs we mail around day 45.
- At the 75-day mark, talk to the Dealer about Dealer Certification. If he or she is not yet Certified, discuss the benefits and encourage participation.
Our hope is that the Dealer Onboarding Program, in conjunction with your efforts as the sponsoring Dealer, will empower new Dealers to get their Dealerships on the path to success.
Help AMSOIL expand in your market and earn whatever level of income you are willing to work for. My Income opportunities AMSOIL Dealer Overview Page does a pretty good job introducing and addressing common questions and concerns about becoming an AMSOIL dealer. In Omaha for example we need help getting our product in local businesses, installers and commercial accounts.